Heavy Gear Terrain from Firestorm Planetfall

Finding the right scale buildings for Heavy Gear has annoyed me for a while.  I haven't quite found anything that I was happy with for the price I was seeing.  The closest was the Dropzone Commander terrain:

Which just doesn't do it for me.  They are just huge rectangular buildings and don't feel futuristic at all.  At Game Kastle today, I had the good fortune to run into some Firestorm Planetfall players.  Talking to them as they set up their armies and terrain I appreciated a few things.  First, the terrain they sell for Planetfall is way better then I gave it credit for:

It has much more of that futuristic vibe then the Dropzone Commander stuff does and looks fairly good even with some minimalistic effort.  Honestly, prime the plastic grey, a little drybrushing for the edges and blacklining the cardboard and it should look really good.  I'm kinda annoyed I didn't pick this up for Miniature Markets March Madness sale.

Secondly, I didn't quite understand the scale of Firestorm Planetfall.  The miniatures were better then the tiny pictures I had seen before, the infantry especially so.  I thought it was close to the Dystopian Wars scale and there wouldn't be infantry at all.  Its going to inspire me to read through the free Firestorm Planetfall rules that Spartan has posted.

I just wish there were more locals who were playing it, I'm still wanting to find that sci-fi game fix.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doomtown Gencon Prep

Nightmare at Noon Review

Safe... for now