Star Wars Armada Storage

Anyone who has played X-Wing or Attack Wing knows the real game being played here is a twisted version of tetris.  While they appear to be spaceship combat games, finding appropriate ways to both store and transport these games takes up a significant chunk of time.  You need to find a storage solution that is cheap, can be continuously expanded and somehow accommodates both the fragility and weird shapes that these ships come in.

My traditional sources for have been plastic organizers / tackle boxes from Wal-Mart or a Sporting Goods store, but there aren't any local Wal-Marts and I haven't had much luck on the Sporting Goods front either.  What I've currently settled on is this:
I found these stackable organizers from Target on sale.  I figure with the organizer pictured on top I can organize the fighters.  There can then be a layer for Imperial Capital ships, Rebel Capital ships, rules and cards and finally fighters.

Thus far I'm happy with it, but it still feels like a temporary solution(not that X-Wing or Attack Wing have a permanent one so far).  I want better organization in the interior for the capital ships and my token organizer didn't fit...so more of those needed to be purchased.  Plano could make such a killing if they could realize how much gamers loved their product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doomtown Gencon Prep

Nightmare at Noon Review

Safe... for now