Attack Wing Victory!

So I won the local Attack Wing Resistance is Futile event.  This sounds longer than it really was, as it was just playing 3 separate events once per month.  To keep the Borg theme, the ships won were all partially converted Alpha Quadrant ships, with the grand prize being a variant Borg Tactical Cube.
I'm honestly more excited for the Galor class
The local Attack Wing community has been excellent.  Great gamers who also appear to be into Euro-style board games.  The organizer changes things up in a few ways that I really appreciate too:  they order more packs from Wizkids so that for most events everyone gets a ship and offers 3 bounties per event when building your fleet.  These are restrictions like equipping every ship with a photon torpedo or playing a pure Cardassian fleet(which I was more than happy to do).

The changes in scenario and terrain are nice too.  I hear X-wing hasn't really changed at all in regards to that and its really a shame.  Tournament structure really does affect standard games in ways that I'm not sure most companies appreciate.
Not that I haven't been missing X-Wing but it strikes me more and more that Attack Wing is a game of maneuver and X-Wing is a game of dice.  If you aren't fixing dice in Attack Wing you are doing something incredibly wrong and similarly so if you aren't cheating the maneuver system in X-wing.  This leaves the other game system stressing what you can't easily fix. 

Attack Wing players don't pay enough attention to maneuver either.  A local knew I had played X-wing just because of how I maneuvered my fleet.  I need to try to force Attack Wing players into less jousts.  

Stupid Scum release keeps tempting me to get back in. :/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doomtown Gencon Prep

Nightmare at Noon Review

Safe... for now